Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Still liking the MBTA mTicket app - and the commuter rail

I used the MBTA mTicket app again today and still find it straightforward.  The train schedule presentation isn't that great but it gets the job done. 

Another pleasure of the trip: a conductor I haven't seen for a decade checked my screen and then remembered my face from that time when I was a daily commuter.  We shook hands and smiled at each other.

I think that's when all this mobile tech works best - when the transaction is streamlined so that the people have the time to  interact. That's the reason, no doubt, that Starbucks invested in Square, to keep "interact" more important than "transact."

Maybe the MBTA app should display my name on the active ticket screen.  The conductor could've greeted me by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment